Visions and Strategies
Sustainability Management of Samsung SDI
Samsung SDI has been employing sustainability management since 2002. In 2003, we established sustainability management vision as well as mid/long-term roadmap based on the various methods such as early evaluation of economy, environment and other fields of society, collecting opinions of both inside and outside stakeholders, and the benchmarking of advanced companies overseas. In addition, we published a sustainability report for the first time in Korea. In 2004, we made our sustainability management office as a dedicated organization so that we could be aware of the various social needs (sustainability issues) from Samsung SDI and then we are able to make it applied to our products and management. By doing so, we are making every effort to interact with society, sharing the products and services that our community really needs
Innovator for Sustainable World
Samsung SDI is actively responding to ever-changing sustainability issues. To do so, we identify major issues of each field from multiple stakeholders and take them into account when practicing sustainability management. Samsung SDI announced its sustainability management vision with a view to contributing to humanity through sustainable development, showing leadership in the field of economy, environment and society. To accomplish it, we have established TBL (Triple Bottom Line) strategies for each of its field.
Contribute to human society through sustainable development with leadership in economy, environment and society
- Economy : Sustainable Growth Create sustainable growth & profit through customer satisfaction
- Environment : Eco-Value Creation Contribute to improved quality of life through creation of more eco values through eco-friendly methods in the entire life cycle of products and services.
- Society : Win-Win Partnership Balanced Partnership, Which is mutually profitable and trustworthy with various stakeholders.
- Our approach In an effort to become a world-class material and energy solution provider, Samsung SDI proactively responds to changes of the future by analyzing constantly changing issues of the industry to identify risks and opportunities. Samsung SDI has selected 5 material issues that can impact the company’s sustainability management, carrying out relevant activities in medium and long-term perspectives. 이동
- Implementation System To enhance our momentum and efficiency of socially responsible management, Samsung SDI operates Sustainability Management (SM) Office and SM Steering Committee. And our activities and strategies related to sustainability management commissioned by the Board of the Directors are reported to the BOD. 이동
- Performance 이동
- Climate Change & Environmen Under the CEO's banner of "‘The first principle of management is safe environment", Samsung SDI continues to build eco-friendly and safe workplaces. We also make various efforts to minimize the impact on the environment while spreading the culture of safety-first management. We, as a world-leading company, will keep making efforts to create safe, healthy, and environment-friendly workplaces 이동