TFE(Thin Film Encapsulation) works as encapsulant that protects OLED devices from external environments
Appearance of the product looks like clear water, while a large amount of it looks more like transparent yellow. Samsung SDI’s TFE products are mainly divided into evaporation type and inkjet type. They are all widely used for flexible devices.
- 2010 ~ 2011 : Developed thin film encapsulant organic layer
- 2012 : Client’s approval for SDI TFE monomer
- 2014 : Mass production of evaporation type TFE
- 2015 : Mass production of Inkjet type TFE
Samsung SDI succeeded in mass production of TFE organic materials for world’s first flexible display, so we possesses mass-produced products solely in the world. We also have excellent process capability and panel reliability for both deposition and inkjet process.
- Encapsulation Glass → Thin Film Encapsulation for Flexible Display
- Flexible Display (eg. Smart phone, Smart Watch…)